i only want to buy an adapter plug, not the whole kit

I have a UK magsafe power adapter for my macbook, but want a US adapter plug for when i travel.

Apple World Travel Adapter Kit

Apple World Travel Adapter Kit

Product No Longer Available

1 Answer from the Community

  • Just go to the US without it, stop by the local Apple retail store, and buy the 5W (for iPhone, iPod, and iPad mini) or 12W (for all Apple devices that can charge using USB). Note, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation white iPods (released in 2001, 2002 and 2003 respectively) will NOT charge with any adapter that you can buy from the Apple online store and/or Apple retail store. They need an older FireWire 400 adapter, which is no longer available (except on eBay). But, your MacBook is new enough where you can use this adapter kit (as only older iPods won't work). If you have an iPhone 5, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 4th generation (current model), or iPad mini (or any combination), you will need a 30 pin to Lightning adapter, which comes in adapter without cord (or a longer version, ideal for desks). Have a nice day, but remember to capitalize your sentences (and put punctuation in them too).