How do I connect an old Apple Cinema Display (2002) to a PowerMac G5?

Please let me know what adapter I need to use. The display is the older, clear plastic frame Apple Cinema Display from 2002. The connector from the display is the large, oval shaped connector. Someone at Apple told me that I would need a mini DVI to VGA adapter AND a mini display port. When looking these both up, they do not seem like they will work. Please advise.

Thank you.
George Abdy

Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter

Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter

Product No Longer Available

1 Answer from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    I believe you have an ACD connection on the older Apple Cinema Display. What you will need is Apples DVI to ACD connector so a to give power to your display. The cost is listed as $99.00 on Apples website.