Does the USB port charge an iPad?
- Asked by Dennis Bradley P from Souderton
- May 8, 2010
Belkin Mini Surge Protector with USB Charger
Product No Longer Available
6 Answers from the Community
I can confirm the 16GB and 32GB wifi version charge just fine via USB. be warned that you will get the "Not Charging" status when the screen is on, but it's charging... slowly. So turn off the screen and it'll do fine.
I can also confirm that I'm able to charge 2 USB devices at once, my iPhone and iPad do appear to be charging. This might help if you've seen reviews otherwise.
- Answered by Jason M from Littleton
- Dec 22, 2010
I have a 32GB wifi iPad and it charges just fine.
- Answered by Brian J from Hillsboro
- Aug 3, 2010
No it does not. Tested with iPad 64 GB WiFi + 3G
- Answered by Langley James R from Kanata
- Jun 14, 2010
Mine appears not to
- Answered by Thomas Q from Ypsilanti
- Jul 15, 2010
My TB monitor charged fine when I was using it with my previous gen MBA with USB2, but now I've upgraded to the new gen MBA with USB3, and the iPad will not charge, nor even connect via USB.
So I believe if you are having charging problems, it may be due to the computer you're hooking it up to.
- Answered by Jeff Y from Los Angeles
- May 3, 2013
- Answered by Christopher G from Monessen
- May 27, 2010