Does the power source work in Europe, i.e. with 220 volt power?

I spend a lot of time in Europe, and would like to be able to use them there as well. Using a plug adaptor is fine, but having to use a transformer is not. Most electronics (like Apple laptop computers) only need a plug adaptor, while some do need a transformer.

  • Asked by Anthony P
  • Apr 24, 2010
Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 series II Speaker System

Creative Labs GigaWorks T20 series II Speaker System

Product No Longer Available

2 Answers from the Community

  • Answer

    The Creative T20 has a 100-240v switching power supply with a standard 2-slot power cable.

    • Answered by Peter H from New Westminster
    • Sep 27, 2010
  • You do need to use a transformer ( you can use your adapter attached to the transformer ) but if no transformer; you'll blow the speakers.
    These speakers are not like laptops when it comes to self transforming voltage. Some are, but these are not

    • Answered by Frank F from Maspeth
    • May 3, 2010