Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Business 2011
Product No Longer Available
Does Office 2011 for Mac Home and Business work with Macbook Air v. 10.7.1 purchased with Lion already installed?
I bought this when it was released in July 2011. All the questions relate to earlier versions of Air.
- Asked by Judith C from Denver
- Aug 29, 2011
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, Microsoft Office 2011 works great on a MacBook Air with Lion. Make sure you run the Microsoft Updator after you install as it will fix the few incompatabilities with Lion. It should run automatically the first time you open an Office application.
- Answered by Granville H from Lexington
- Mar 17, 2012
System Requirements for Microsoft Office for Mac 2011
• A Mac computer with an Intel processor.
• Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later.
• 1 GB of RAM recommended.
• 2.5 GB of available hard disk space.
• HFS+ hard disk format (also known as Mac OS Extended or HFS Plus).
• DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network).
• 1280 x 768 or higher resolution monitor..
Additional items or services are required to use some features:
• Certain online functionality requires a Windows Live® ID.
• Outlook® and certain features require Internet access (fees may apply).
• Exchange support in Outlook 2011 requires connectivity to Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 RU4 or later.
•Access to files stored on a SharePoint server requires connectivity to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or later.
•Co-authoring requires SharePoint 2010 or a Windows Live ID
- Answered by Gary K from Rocklin
- Sep 5, 2011