Can you control the lights over a cellular network?
- Asked by Michael S from Hermosa Beach
- Nov 3, 2012
- Asked about: Philips Hue Connected Bulb
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, once you have set up your account in the online portal as well as on your phone, you can activate them remotely over a cellular network connection.
- Answered by Mark E from Thornton
- Nov 10, 2012
I was able to control my lights even after having turned off wifi on my phone. There was much more lag between issuing commands and seeing a response (3-5 seconds compared to 1/2 second or less over wifi)
- Answered by Peter B from San Jose
- Nov 8, 2012
As long as you are signed in on the app, it will let you control the lights from the phone or iPad that is connected via a cellular network. As far as I know, I don't think you can control it via text message or phone call though depending on what you were asking.
- Answered by Christian R from Ponte Vedra Beach
- Nov 6, 2012