Besides HD, what is difference between 2nd gen vs. 1st gen TC? Specifically, power supply? Lower operating temp?
- Asked by Leo S from Lake Orion
- Oct 6, 2009
QA Apple Time Capsule
Product No Longer Available
1 Answer from the Community
Having had both, I see three primary differences:
1) the dual-band is very valuable asset if you live in a densely populated area where you may have interference from other people's wireless. The old TC did not work great as a wireless connector to my MacBookPro, while the new one, set to the 5 ghz setting, seems to work much better (and backup MUCH faster)
2) the much higher storage capacity has meant much less weird problems eating up storage capacticty (I have a laptop and desktop both set to back up to one TC)
3) I can't remember what the third thing was, but it was something good. Sorry.
Whatever you do, don't get the 1st gen 500 GB TC. Nightmare -- too slow, too small, constant problems.
- Answered by David C from New York
- Nov 25, 2009