Product No Longer Available
Are there any problems running this program over bootcamp?
I already have bootcamp running but I am unsatisfied with having to reboot constantly. Are there any known problems with running Parallels 7 after you have initiated and been using boot camp?
- Asked by Wanda A from Grants
- Nov 9, 2011
3 Answers from the Community
To the best of my knowledge, there's a slight quirk with Parallels and Bootcamp:
- If you install Windows through Bootcamp, you will be able to use that installation in both Bootcamp and Parallels.
- If you install Windows through Parallels, you will only be able to use that installation in Parallels; Bootcamp will not notice or recognise it.
- Answered by Alastair B
- Jun 9, 2012
You can run Parallels if you have previously installed Windows on Bootcamp. I just downloaded the 14 Day Free Trial from the official Parallels web site and there are instruction in a PDF, but the on screen prompts have been easy to follow. It seems to be taking a while to initiate for the first time, but it seems like it will be great!
- Answered by John G from Wheaton
- Jun 10, 2012
MY bootcamp seems to be ignorant on all parallels and my Mac is straight parallels dependant for windows.
- Answered by Beau James P from Corpus Christi,
- Mar 5, 2012