I want to connect my MacBook Pro to my Sony Bravia LCD TV, which cable connections do I need?
I want to play movies I have downloaded from itunes through my computer to the tv, so I want picture and sound through the TV from my laptop.
- Asked by Amanda K from Manly
- Dec 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to connect my MacBook Pro to my Sony Bravia LCD TV, which cable connections do I need?)
1 Answer from the Community
There are multiple possibilities:
Assuming your TV has HDMI in, you could use this MiniDisplay to HDMI adapter along with a separate HDMI cord to connect to the TV. Keep in mind that Thunderbolt (I'm not sure if your laptop has it) is the same as MiniDisplay as far as video out. The audio situation is a different story. If your MacBook is new enough (From mid 2010 and later, I believe) then you will have no trouble using this adapter, it will simply run both audio and video to the TV. If your computer is older though, you need to run a 3.5mm audio (similar to the end of a headphone cord) cable to your TV (if it has 3.5 mm audio in) or your speakers.
Your laptop may have HDMI out, if its one of the new Retina Models. In this case you can simply run an HDMI cable from your laptop to the HDMI IN port on your TV.
- Answered by David A from Wolcott
- Mar 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What cable do I require to connect my Mac book pro to my Sony Bravia LCD tv or use hdmi cabel
- Asked by Adel S from San Ramon
- Jun 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I require to connect my Mac book pro to my Sony Bravia LCD tv or use hdmi cabel)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
what cable is needed to connect my Macbook pro to my tv sony
- Asked by Eugene A from Silver Spring
- Jul 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable is needed to connect my Macbook pro to my tv sony)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m