Since the stand allows the monitor to be held in both portrait and landscape modes does the screen switch as in the iPod Touch or iPhone?
The description states that the computer can be rotated on the stand in portrait and landscape mode and i was wondering if this feature was for storage purposes or if there was an accelorometer (sorry if I spelled that wrong) in the computer that actually turns the screen as in the iPod Touch or iPhone.
- Asked by Miguel M from Albuquerque
- Feb 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Since the stand allows the monitor to be held in both portrait and landscape modes does the screen switch as in the iPod Touch or iPhone?)
3 Answers from the Community
Apple Cinema Displays do not have built in accelerometers for automatic orientation detection. If you change the display's orientation, you just need to change the "Rotation" setting in the system's Display Preferences.
- Answered by Joseph C from San Francisco
- Aug 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
That would be dependent upon the monitor. I don't believe the Apple display incorporates a tilt-sensor, so the orientation would need to be adjusted manually in the Monitor System Preference Pane.
- Answered by Junesoo Y from Milton
- Feb 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, the cinema display does not automatically change orientation. That would be pretty cool though.
The vertical position is mostly used in the photo-editing/visual arts community, as it offers a better representation of what your finished products are going to look like all at once.
- Answered by Richard L from Prescott
- Feb 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
does this stand work in both portrait and landscape?
- Asked by Donna A from Harrisburg
- Feb 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does this stand work in both portrait and landscape?)
- Asked about: Cooler Master REN Stand for iPad
How can I lock my IPOD Touch 4th Gen screen in portrait mode while playing music?
- Asked by Steven L from San Mateo
- Feb 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I lock my IPOD Touch 4th Gen screen in portrait mode while playing music?)
- Asked about: iPod