I recently ordered an i mac and I wanted to confirm that any of the APC UPS models sold thru the Apple Store will work with the machine I purchased
Here are the specs:
PROCESSOR 065-8366 3.06GHZ INTEL CORE 2 DUO
MEMORY 065-8369 4GB 1066MHZ DDR3 SDRAM - 2X2GB
HARD DRIVE 065-8372 500GB SERIAL ATA DRIVE
GRAPHICS 065-8923 NVIDIA GEFORCE 9400M
OPTICAL DRIVE 065-8716 8X DOUBLE-LAYER SUPERDRIVE
- Asked by Henri C from Washington
- Nov 23, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I recently ordered an i mac and I wanted to confirm that any of the APC UPS models sold thru the Apple Store will work with the machine I purchased)
2 Answers from the Community
The model UPS you choose needs be able to handle powering your computer temporarily should the power go out. Down at the bottom-right of the iMac Technical Specifications page, it indicates the maximum continuous power draw for both models. The 21.5" maximum continuous power draw is 241 W and for 27" it’s 365 W.
The 450VA APC UPS model tops out at 257 W. So, if you have other peripheral devices you wanted to protect in addition to even just the 21.5" iMac, according to the specs, you can’t really go and lower than the 750VA model which is listed maxing out at 450 W.
- Answered by Stephen S from Dartmouth
- Jan 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Id avoid the Back UPS and go with a PFC friendlier UPS that outputs a pure sine wave like the pricier, louder, but reliable APC smart ups or the new less expensive cyberpower PFC friendly CP1000PFCLCD that doesnt use a pure sine wave, but will work. Stepped sine wave arent a great choice with the iMac and newer computers using PFC.
- Answered by Daniel L from Tallahassee
- Nov 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what is the apc ups sc 450va 120v 1u rackmount\tower for
- Asked by Blair G from Thunderbay
- Jan 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the apc ups sc 450va 120v 1u rackmount\tower for)
- Asked about: APC Smart-UPS SC 450VA 120V - 1U Ra…
Which is the most recent Mac OS that will run Parallels v. 6?
- Asked by Paul K from Kennett Square
- Jan 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is the most recent Mac OS that will run Parallels v. 6?)
- Asked about: Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac