Would this mic be any good in-front of a valve amp, I want to record my marshall which doesn't have silent recording.
1 Answer from the Community
I've never used this mic or any USB mic for that matter, so I can't answer your question with any certainty or authority. But I have been recording miked guitar cabs with Garage Band for about 4 years now. Based on my experience I would think that the Yeti would be less than ideal for recording a guitar amp. This is because it is a condenser microphone. In my experience simple dynamic microphones are easier to control when recording. I can recommend my own setup: a Shure SM-57 mic (about $89) plugged into an M-Audio FireWire interface (about $150). I assume you're looking for a USB mic because you can't afford the interface, but a FireWire interface will give you much more control over your recordings and serve you well in the long run. If you can't afford that - well I've managed to get surprisingly good guitar sounds from my iMac's built in pinhole mic. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
- Answered by Aaron W from Quincy
- Nov 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this mic to record using my ipad without needing anything (amp or whatever) else?
- Asked by Eduardo P from Boston
- Oct 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this mic to record using my ipad without needing anything (amp or whatever) else?)
- Asked about: Blue Microphones Bluebird Microphon…
Does this baby monitor have a record setting? and for how long can you record?
- Asked by Jennifer A H from New York
- Feb 26, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this baby monitor have a record setting? and for how long can you record?)
- Asked about: iBaby Monitor M6
Can you use the mic to record audio?
- Asked by Heather Z from La Mesa
- Nov 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the mic to record audio?)
- Asked about: Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic