Would this be a good quality mic for creating voice overs for use in Final Cut Pro?
I need a mic for voice over recordings for my video. I use Soundtrack Pro and Final Cut Pro. I would like to record other quality ambient sounds as well. Would this be a quality all around mic?
- Asked by Morgan B from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this be a good quality mic for creating voice overs for use in Final Cut Pro?)
4 Answers from the Community
Definitely. The biggest help to you here will be the four pickup patterns - Omni for picking up ambient noise in every direction in field recording, cardioid or stereo for recording voiceovers. I did a quick sample recording of my voice in GarageBand. Upon playing it back through the speakers, my wife did a double take as she thought it was me talking until I turned around and asked her what she thought while the recording was still playing.
Additionally - the headphone amp in this thing is worth the price of admission alone. I thought my Sennheiser HD280 Pros sounded good before, plugged into this there were highs, lows, mids, and noises I'd never before imagined hearing in my music. It makes a difference!
- Answered by David S from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Definitely, Great mic. I use it for voice-overs, and it produces a very clean sound.
- Answered by Brian N from Canoga Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Thanks for all the great info.
I bought one and it is just great, the sound is so clear and the directional choices are perfect.
Definitely a great purchase
- Answered by Morgan B from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes it records a full sounding voice quality at high resolution that people compliment when i have sued it in screencast voice over recordings.
- Answered by John C from Carnation
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
is the macbook pro 13 i7 good for final cut pro editing
- Asked by Hernand A from Lancaster
- Mar 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (is the macbook pro 13 i7 good for final cut pro editing)
- Asked about: Mac
does it do voice overs with fcpx
- Asked by Steve K from Etobicoke
- Aug 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (does it do voice overs with fcpx)
- Asked about: Apogee MiC Digital Microphone
Are these good to use for conference calls? Mic quality good?
- Asked by Joan C from Neptune Beach
- Jul 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Are these good to use for conference calls? Mic quality good?)
- Asked about: Beats Solo2 On-Ear Headphones - Bla…