Is this a good microphone for recording meetings for later transcription of the audio? How large are the audio files for hours of meetings?
- Asked by Ron S from Issaquah
- May 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this a good microphone for recording meetings for later transcription of the audio? How large are the audio files for hours of meetings?)
2 Answers from the Community
This type of mic is great for just this type of situation. The Yeti has a variety of settings that optimise it for different room environments and recording arrangements. If you want to record two people sitting on opposite sides of the mic, you can choose the bidirectional setting. If you have the mic positioned in front of a group of people, you could use either the stereo or omnidirectional options. If you have the mic in the middle of a group, go with omnidirectional.
- Answered by Jess B from Brisbane
- Jun 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To be honest, I can't answer your first question, but from my limited single person recording use, I suspect the answer would be yes - it has an omnidirectional function that should take care of that for you. The answer to your second question depends on what software you use to capture the input, it has nothing to do with the microphone. I use the (free) Audacity software and the files are quite large but you can easily convert to MP3 and have smaller files to store. Hope this helps
- Answered by Andrew M
- Jun 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can this record audio for the camera app or voice memo app?
- Asked by Jonathan M from North Vancouver
- Dec 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can this record audio for the camera app or voice memo app?)
- Asked about: JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetoot…