Does this mic work well with drum sets?
- Asked by Jenica S from Pensacola
- Sep 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this mic work well with drum sets?)
1 Answer from the Community
It will work in the sense that it will record sound (and it's quite sensitive). The question is placement. To fully record drums, normally one would a) mic each drum and cymbal, b) use one or more overhead mics to capture ensemble sound, c) use one or more mics located elsewhere in the room to capture ensemble sound.
Mic vendors typically sell kits of instrument mics, complete with drum mounting hardware, for use as described in a) above.
The Yeti is physically a relatively large mic. In the context of recording drums, it would likely best be used as a room or overhead mic.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- Jan 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can it work with an electric drum set?
- Asked by Branden B from Genoa
- Mar 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it work with an electric drum set?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input
How well does this work with bass guitar? I want to use this live with drum loops in Mainstage.
- Asked by Bill C from North Olmsted
- Apr 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does this work with bass guitar? I want to use this live with drum loops in Mainstage.)
- Asked about: Apogee GiO Guitar Interface