Can the Yeti be connected to a sound mixer to record from?
I am recording for a whole choir and i need to link the Yeti microphone to the mixer i am using for the recording along with the sound pro. the cable i need to use with the mic should be either banana or xlr on one end and the other end is the yeti plug itself. thanks for your help, and if it's possible to connect the yeti to the mixer what kind of cable will i need and where can i buy it from?
- Asked by Mary M from Heliopolis
- Oct 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Yeti be connected to a sound mixer to record from?)
2 Answers from the Community
This question is dated, but if you are still in the market, Blue has released the Yeti Pro which has both XLR and USB.
- Answered by Michael N from Anderson
- Mar 4, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Yeti is a USB microphone; it can only be connected to a USB port on a computer. If you're using an analog mixer, then you'll need a traditional analog microphone with XLR connectors. Apple has some available here on this site (eg the "Bluebird" from Blue Microphones). Any half-decent music store should have a wide selection of analog microphones.
Analog mics don't typically include the cable, so you'll need to purchase that as well (in whatever length required). Ditto for a mic stand. A music store should have cables and stands too.
- Answered by Ken D from Ottawa
- Nov 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I plug a Mackie mixer into this and record what comes out?
- Asked by Jack R from Plymouth
- Aug 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug a Mackie mixer into this and record what comes out?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input
What is better for studio recording the Blue Mic Yeti Pro or the Blue Mic Yeti THX?
- Asked by Alexander S from Grand Prairie
- Mar 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What is better for studio recording the Blue Mic Yeti Pro or the Blue Mic Yeti THX?)
- Asked about: Blue Microphones Yeti Pro USB Micro…