Can the Blue Yeti be used with the iPad Air (latest gen iPad)?
I have heard that there has been a change to the amount of power the lightening connector provides to peripherals on new iDevices(iPad Air, iPad mini retina, iPhone 5s).
After much online searching I have found that most Yeti-to-iPad instructions are all based on 30-pin connector iDevices running iOS 4.0 - iOS 6.0.
If you have experience it would much appreciated if you could help clear things up, thank you!!
- Asked by Glenn L from Richmond Hill
- Jan 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Blue Yeti be used with the iPad Air (latest gen iPad)?)
2 Answers from the Community
The Blue Yeti works with the iPad Air straight through the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" for me. Just make sure you plug the USB cable from the Yeti into the "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter" plug BEFORE plugging it into the iPad Air to avoid the "too much power is required" error. Also, if you plan on monitoring the audio input with headphones through the zero latency headphone jack ON THE MIC, plug in your headphones BEFORE plugging everything into the iPad, otherwise the "too much power" error will appear.
I have not had to use an external USB hub following the method I just described, and hopefully it wasn't just blind luck. Good luck!
- Answered by Chris T from Springfield
- Jan 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It is not working with the Lightning cable on IPad Air. I Guess You Need a powered usb hub, but i did not try.
- Answered by Lars R
- Jul 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this be used with a powered USB hub to connect a USB microphone (like a Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti) to a 4th-gen iPad?
- Asked by Martha E from Richland
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a powered USB hub to connect a USB microphone (like a Blue Snowball or Blue Yeti) to a 4th-gen iPad?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Can it be used with the latest iPad?
- Asked by Donna W from Moncton
- Apr 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used with the latest iPad?)
- Asked about: Nike+ FuelBand SE - Extra-Large