When connected to an iMac via USB, does this speaker system affect the USB bandwidth available to other devices such as hard disks, card readers,etc?
2 Answers from the Community
If hooked in directly to a USB port on the back then no.
The bandwidth draw from these in minimal. The only time I could see this as an issue is if you have many USB devices connected via hubs at the same time all operation at full capacity.
- Answered by Colton D from Thornhill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This should only affect the bandwidth if you have multiple devices connected to your iMac through a hub. If each of these are directly connected to your iMac's different USB ports, then the audio stream shouldn't have a negative effect.
- Answered by Jerad L from Somerville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can usb speakers be connected to this device?
- Asked by Jack D from Waianae
- Jun 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can usb speakers be connected to this device?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
How to connect usb devices?
- Asked by Paul O from Thornhill
- Nov 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How to connect usb devices?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
No answers yet