Thinking of selling my focal 2.1 set for these am I nuts? Focals are great but I am such a B&W fan. My whole living room is B&W!
- Asked by John D from Dixon
- Apr 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Thinking of selling my focal 2.1 set for these am I nuts? Focals are great but I am such a B&W fan. My whole living room is B&W!)
2 Answers from the Community
Do the focals have USB input (and thus an internal DAC)? I don't see anything listed about that from what I've read, so if not I would make the move in a heartbeat.
B&W made a VERY smart move by taking control of the DAC in these speakers. Why rely on a $5 DAC in the computer itself to feed quality signal to a $500 pair of well designed speakers?!? Doesn't make sense to me.
My vote is for the B&W switch.
- Answered by Tim S from Skaneateles Falls
- Apr 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Answered myself. Listening to both now. Focals win HANDS DOWN. Not even close. You guys saying the mm-1's are the best should go listen to the Focal set. NOT EVEN CLOSE.... Nice try B&W.... Way overpriced for a desktop set with that sound quality. Yes, they are clear. But, B&W's marketing them as "No need for a sub" ... Whatever... NOT! Even Cnet as said the same thing. I now know for myself.
- Answered by John D from Dixon
- May 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Compared to M1 B&W or Zeppelin B&W, what do you think ?
- Asked by Johan H from Uccle
- Apr 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Compared to M1 B&W or Zeppelin B&W, what do you think ?)
- Asked about: Bose® Companion® 5 Multimedia Speak…
Compatibility with Spotify
- Asked by William M
- Jun 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with Spotify)
- Asked about: Focal XS Satellite Speakers
What is the cost per copy B&W, and Color?
- Asked by Tim M from Evergreen
- Mar 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the cost per copy B&W, and Color?)
- Asked about: HP ENVY 120 e-All-in-One Printer
No answers yet