How can i connect to the speakers if my source is an optical out?
- Asked by Chee Yong Y
- Dec 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i connect to the speakers if my source is an optical out?)
1 Answer from the Community
The MM-1's have two inputs, USB from a computer and a 3.5mm analog aux input. I have not found an optical to USB converter, so I think that leaves you to buy a standard Digital to Analog Converter (DAC). Depending on the DAC you will need to find a cable with a 3.5mm plug on one end to plug into the aux input on the MM-1. Most DAC's I've seen have a pair of RCA plugs for the analog output. You can find RCA to 3.5mm (mini plug) cables easily enough, and they are available in the Apple Store. DAC's price range is fairly cheap (around $20) to very expensive ($1000's). If you are investing in the MM-1's I would get a fairly decent DAC, but your budget will be your guide and you can always upgrade that later if you are not entirely satisfied with the sound.
- Answered by Mark N from Nottingham
- Mar 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with Apple TV?
- Asked by Joe D
- Feb 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Libratone Zipp Portable AirPlay Spe…
No answers yet
Cable to connect macbook to stereo
- Asked by Sally H from London
- Oct 1, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Cable to connect macbook to stereo)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…