How can i connect to the speakers if my source is an optical out?
- Asked by Chee Yong Y
- Dec 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i connect to the speakers if my source is an optical out?)
1 Answer from the Community
The MM-1's have two inputs, USB from a computer and a 3.5mm analog aux input. I have not found an optical to USB converter, so I think that leaves you to buy a standard Digital to Analog Converter (DAC). Depending on the DAC you will need to find a cable with a 3.5mm plug on one end to plug into the aux input on the MM-1. Most DAC's I've seen have a pair of RCA plugs for the analog output. You can find RCA to 3.5mm (mini plug) cables easily enough, and they are available in the Apple Store. DAC's price range is fairly cheap (around $20) to very expensive ($1000's). If you are investing in the MM-1's I would get a fairly decent DAC, but your budget will be your guide and you can always upgrade that later if you are not entirely satisfied with the sound.
- Answered by Mark N from Nottingham
- Mar 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can it connect to apple tv with a wire via the optical audio?
- Asked by Jeff B from Brownsburg
- Jul 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it connect to apple tv with a wire via the optical audio?)
- Asked about: Ultimate Ears BOOM Wireless Speaker…
can you connect multiple speakers to one source - i.e. - to fill a large room could you connect 4 speakers to one phone?
- Asked by J Todd M from Houston
- Jul 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can you connect multiple speakers to one source - i.e. - to fill a large room could you connect 4 speakers to one phone?)
- Asked about: Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker