Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?
I realize that these speakers won't have a thundering low-end and are best-suited for music, but has anyone found them to be suitable for movies as well? My workstation speaker use is probably 80% music and 20% film-watching.
- Asked by Mitch D from Montreal
- Dec 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Given the lack of a subwoofer, how well-suited would these be for the odd movie?)
3 Answers from the Community
I guess I am surprised at this response because I used them in the classroom and the sound was very high quality. The sound is clear and crisp and the volume is impressive--yes, even at the low end.
- Answered by Marlene S. J from Grants
- May 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Providing your sitting at your computer to watch your movies the MM-1s are quite capable of delivering a very satisfying bass sound. They have great finesse and I am sure you won't be disappointed.
- Answered by Christian W
- Feb 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Just add a subwoofer to the MM-1s. The MM-1s take audio-input through a USB connection. With a mac you can easily add a subwoofer through the regular 3.5mm jack on the computer. Use the Apple Midi Setup utility to add a new Multi-Output Device which will send the output signal to the sub simultaneously with the MM-1 speakers. Then use the freeware Soundflower app to maintain normal system volume control. Done, you've addressed the great shortcoming to these speakers and retained all their advantages. If the 3.5mm output on your mac also supports digital optical out (most do except the Macbook Air), you can even run an optical cable from the jack to a cheap DAC and then to the subwoofer and you have all speakers using external DAC-processed sound.
- Answered by Eric H from Fort Lee
- Feb 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have a pioneer AVH-4000NEX can I use the lighting side of the adapter for Apple car play as well as the hdmi side for movies?
- Asked by Derek R from Garden City
- Feb 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a pioneer AVH-4000NEX can I use the lighting side of the adapter for Apple car play as well as the hdmi side for movies?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Does this device stores movies as well?
- Asked by Lapolean K from Creedmoor
- Jul 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this device stores movies as well?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB