Could these speakers be used in a TV to the same effect? Would the USB port in the back of my TV send sound to the speaker?
1 Answer from the Community
The Apple TV will mirror your Mac OS X or iOS device's sound and video through your TV's speakers.
No, the USB port in the back your TV cannot be used to connect speakers. The USB port on your TV is for manufacturers to perform diagnostics or maintenance. They aren't designed to be used by the consumer (you and me).
- Answered by Tobias T from Hendersonville
- Mar 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use this cable with my mac laptop to connect to television and Bose speakers?
- Asked by Jenae J from Goleta
- Apr 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable with my mac laptop to connect to television and Bose speakers?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
Can I Watch live Television on the ipad?
- Asked by Kirilly C from Miami
- Jun 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Watch live Television on the ipad?)
- Asked about: iPad