Are these speakers capable of entertaining a small crowd for when I have BBQs? Can their bass be compared to Bose Companion 5 speakers?
2 Answers from the Community
I just got these and they are absolutely phenomenal. To answer your question here is a review from March: Best Computer Speakers Period!!
Written by JY from Los Angeles Mar 30, 2010
I had been using the Companion 5's for two years before the MM-1's. I never thought I would find a computer speaker that would make my $400 Bose speakers pale in comparison.
- The soundstage produced is amazing. It was like the 2D sound created by the Bose suddenly became 3D on the MM-1's.
- Because it lacks a subwoofer, the bass is not as powerful as the Companion 5's. This is not to say that it lacks bass. I found the overall sound much more balanced and detailed. It made the Bose sound like the heavy bass was just covering up the inadequate mids and highs.
- The speakers really shine at higher volumes with more pronounced bass.
- Gorgeous design and impressive build quality. Much thought was put into the design like the cable management system on the bottom of the speakers.
I also want to compare these speakers to the Zeppelin Mini. I had been using the Mini as a computer speaker for five months and found it to be quite good. However, I felt that it lacked bass, even though it produced mids and highs much better than the Bose. It made me skeptical with the MM-1’s bass, but I have found it much better than the Mini’s.
At $500, I was not going to settle for a speaker that was just "amazing for its size." They had to be freaking good, period. These are also the best computer speakers I've ever heard and purchased. I recommend spending the extra $100 over the Companion 5's and do your music justice with the MM-1's.
- Answered by Macy M from Saint Louis
- Apr 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes and yes
- Answered by William T
- May 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How do these compare to the Bose Companion 5?
- Asked by Ramnik M from Yorba Linda
- Jan 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do these compare to the Bose Companion 5?)
- Asked about: Harman Kardon SoundSticks III 2.1 C…
Is there a power button on the remote or the speakers?
- Asked by Anthony H from San Francisco
- Jan 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a power button on the remote or the speakers?)
- Asked about: Bose Companion® 20 Multimedia Speak…
can this sound system can be connected to your tv
- Asked by Uveerajsingh J
- Apr 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can this sound system can be connected to your tv)
- Asked about: Bose® Companion® 5 Multimedia Speak…