does gio work on a power pc g5 using logic pro 8
- Asked by Angelo P from Chandler
- Feb 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does gio work on a power pc g5 using logic pro 8)
2 Answers from the Community
No. Logic Pro 8 is NOT compatible to the later GiO and the USB Apogee One. They are made for the later Logic Express & Pro 9, but You can Upgrade Logic Pro 8 to Logic Pro 9 for like $199.00 so You're there and the new Pro 9 has 64 Bit function now after NAMM in January. So that's a serious Plus in Recording. Plus the new Flex function in Logic takes it past MIDI a Light Year.
- Answered by Ricky R from Casper
- Apr 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I believe it will work. Although Logic 8 doesn't have the Amp Designer Plug in, or the Pedal Board Plug in. It does however, have a plug in called Guitar Amp Pro.
The lights on GiO won't really work like they do in Logic 9. But It will work as an audio interface, and the buttons can be assigned to learn different functions. After all it is a midi controller / audio interface.
- Answered by Sergio R from North Hollywood
- Feb 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?
- Asked by Martin B
- Dec 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this keyboard work with a power pc running OSX 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
What can I do with my old 10.5.8 power PC G5? Is there an upgrade out there for this system? I don't want to trash it it works fine!!!
- Asked by Esther D from St Johns
- Feb 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What can I do with my old 10.5.8 power PC G5? Is there an upgrade out there for this system? I don't want to trash it it works fine!!!)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard