can I capture audio-only (cassette deck, phono turntable)?
- Asked by George C from Denver
- Apr 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can I capture audio-only (cassette deck, phono turntable)?)
2 Answers from the Community
Note that you'll need to use a pre-amp if capturing from turntable. The signals are too weak to do basic line-in recording. If you're just interested in capturing audio you can just run RCA out on your device to the 1/8" stereo "line in" on your computer & record using Garage Band, or any other audio recording software. Adapters are cheap.
USB turntables are another option.
- Answered by Rob G R from Kitchener
- Jul 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
while i haven't tried this yet, i was told by an Apple employee today that you can capture audio only by simply using the audio cables.
- Answered by Todd D from Cincinnati
- May 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I connect a capture card (Deck Link Thunderbolt) to USB 3.0 ?
- Asked by Eliane B from Sao Paulo
- Jun 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a capture card (Deck Link Thunderbolt) to USB 3.0 ?)
- Asked about: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
I want to capture anything that has HDMI out
- Asked by Steven C from Bracebridge
- Jun 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to capture anything that has HDMI out)
- Asked about: Elgato Game Capture HD Game Recorde…
No answers yet