Would the dock output of the iPad, via the USB camera connector, provide enough power for this preamp to work?
2 Answers from the Community
Excellent question. YES... but there is a caveat. Connecting the Icicle to the iPad via the USB camera connector won't provide enough power and you will get a warning about how "the device uses too much power," and the iPad will ignore it.
HOWEVER, if you 1) connect the Icicle to a powered USB hub, and then 2) connect the hub's USB to the USB camera connector, you will be able to use an XLR mic connected to the Icicle - even ones that require phantom power.
- Answered by Billions M from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The iPad camera connector *only* downloads photos from digital cameras or SD cards. It doesn't support any other functions or USB peripherals.
- Answered by Kenneth D from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the USB camera and USB connector kit work with iOS 4.2?
- Asked by Carl D from Baltimore
- Nov 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB camera and USB connector kit work with iOS 4.2?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
iPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0 + Firewall Cable
- Asked by David B
- Jan 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (iPod Dock Connector to USB 2.0 + Firewall Cable)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
No answers yet