Can I use this mic to record using my ipad without needing anything (amp or whatever) else?
- Asked by Eduardo P from Boston
- Oct 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this mic to record using my ipad without needing anything (amp or whatever) else?)
2 Answers from the Community
actually pay no advice to the first answer they have no idea, to use this microphone you will need to buy a microphone pre-amp which has phantom power (48volts) to send to the microphone, as this microphone is a large diaphram condenser microphone which can only record with phantom power and then im sure from the microphone preamp there will be a 1/4 ich out put that can be connected up to an audio interface that works with the ipad, but a microphone pre amp can cost anything from £40 to £1000s, but if you just want a microphone that records straight into a 1/4 inch audio interface that does not require any additional power get an shure SM57 or a Shure SM58 depending on what you are recording, example an SM57 is good for rock vocals guitar percussion, an SM58 is more for live stage vocals as it boosts a little bit more in higher frequencies. but an SM57 is a good all round, its strong and will only cost about £90. hope this helps. Peace
- Answered by Jamie P
- Feb 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
you will need the following, Apple sells this so search the store:
Apogee_JAM_Guitar_Input, it's made to function with an iPad.
Couple that with an XLR cable, an XLR to 1/4 adapter (you may need an impedance adapter, not sure???), or a direct box, but that should allow you to record into the iPad.
You will also be able to record guitar, and any other 1/4 input cabled instrument, using the Apogee.
- Answered by John V from Van Nuys
- Nov 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is there audio out or do I need to use the iPads mic out?
- Asked by Brett R from Springvale
- Mar 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there audio out or do I need to use the iPads mic out?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input
Can this be used for video recordings as a mic input ?
- Asked by Gavin D from Gilbertsville
- Oct 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used for video recordings as a mic input ?)
- Asked about: Blue Microphones Mikey Digital Micr…
Do I need anything else to make this work? Will I be able to use ONLY THIS LIGHT without a bridge (so out of the box)?
- Asked by Johnatan S from Long Beach
- Nov 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need anything else to make this work? Will I be able to use ONLY THIS LIGHT without a bridge (so out of the box)?)
- Asked about: Philips Hue Lux Single Bulb