does is really help keep the macbook cool
- Asked by Kathryn S from Marmora
- Jun 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (does is really help keep the macbook cool)
1 Answer from the Community
Per Rain Design's website:
Why isn't the iLap perforated (with holes) for better cooling?
Perforations are required for surfaces that don't conduct heat well, like plastic (which is a heat insulator).
The iLap's all aluminium thermal conductivity is 13 times more than stainless steel, and thus the more surface that it has in contact with the notebook, the more heat that it draws away (in the same conceptual way that heat sink works on the CPU).
- Answered by Greg G from Castle Rock
- Jan 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does it really cool the laptop?
- Asked by Jorge B from Lima
- Jan 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it really cool the laptop?)
- Asked about: Cooler Master JAS PRO Foldable Alum…