How can I connect these speakers wirelessly to my iMAc
- Asked by Edward S from Vancouver
- Apr 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect these speakers wirelessly to my iMAc)
2 Answers from the Community
To Shellharbour - the Airport Express is NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT compatible with the USB cable technology for this system. The only USB that runs on an airport express is that of a printer. I have tried time and time again to make mine work because of this answer and another on Amazon which led me to buy this system, only to find that the Airport Express and Extreme do not support the USB plug in for these. A great disappointment in my multifloor loft apartment where I have to leave my laptop upstairs next to the speakers to get it to play while I have guests over. So - this answer is not correct - these do not run on Airport or any other wireless hub/router. The Bose Companion 3 used to, my parents have one, but it does not have a USB, it has an audio port.
- Answered by Sarah C from New York
- Feb 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
with only the speakers and your mac you can not. You would need wireless USB, or a wireless 1/8" Stereo
- Answered by Alberto F from Scarsdale
- Dec 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what are the best wireless speakers for my imac?
- Asked by Dennis S from Jacksonville
- Nov 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what are the best wireless speakers for my imac?)
- Asked about: Mac
Can you use the Toslink from the iMac to connect these speakers?
- Asked by David W from Signal Hill
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Toslink from the iMac to connect these speakers?)
- Asked about: Paradigm Millenia CT Speaker System