what is the purpose of the button labelled in and out oN beats pill
- Asked by Mary-kate J
- Dec 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the purpose of the button labelled in and out oN beats pill)
2 Answers from the Community
They are not buttons, they are standard 3.5mm audio jacks. The "in" jack is used to connect a cable to the headphone or auxiliary out jack of a sound source that does not have bluetooth or NFC ("Near Field Communication") output capability. The "out" jack on the Pill would be used to connect the Pill to some other sound system. For example, if there was a larger sound system in the room that you wanted to wirelessly connect to the music on your iPhone 5s, but the larger sound system didn't support bluetooth or Apple AirPlay, you could pair your iPhone to the Pill via bluetooth, then use a cable to connect the Pill via its "out" jack to an input jack on the larger sound system. (There are less expensive ways to add bluetooth connectivity to systems, but if you have the Pill on hand anyway - it is a portable device after all - then this is one way to accomplish it.) Have a nice day!
- Answered by John W from Gaithersburg
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To plug in the cables to your IPhone, Mac, etc., so you can hear music, but you can also listen through BlueTooth.
- Answered by Mike P from Linden
- Mar 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what are the buttons on the side of the pill xl? [if they're buttons?]
- Asked by Javier R from Oakland
- Nov 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what are the buttons on the side of the pill xl? [if they're buttons?])
- Asked about: Beats by Dr. Dre Pill XL Speaker
Will this work with the Beats Pill XL?
- Asked by Amber W from Vernal
- Dec 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the Beats Pill XL?)
- Asked about: Beats Pill Sleeve