Will this case pick up smudges and stains over time since its leather?
Does this case pick up oil and dirt and smudges easily? Can it be cleaned or wiped?
My red leather iPad Smart Cover has picked up dirt smudges over time that can't be wiped off. That's ok for an iPad I mostly use at home, but I don't really want to spend $40 on a leather iPhone case that will look gross after a few months. Particularly worried about the lighter colors, as those are the ones I like but I could see them getting dirty fast.
- Asked by Sarah P from Reston
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this case pick up smudges and stains over time since its leather?)
5 Answers from the Community
Unfortunately, due to the fact that it's leather, it will get dirty over time. Here an apple statement.
"iPhone 5s Case appearance will change with use. TM and © 2013 Apple Inc. All rights reserved."
- Answered by Oscar N from Grand Forks
- Sep 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it will. I have the blue leather case for my iPhone 6 plus, and after only a couple weeks of use, there are visible stains from the moisture of my hands. It looks like underarm sweat in clothing. I would not buy a leather case again. Disappointed that I spent $50 on this one.
- Answered by Joon P from Chicago
- Oct 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Leather can be cleaned. If the case gets dirty, pick up a quality leather cleaner and clean it.
Some people have had good success using magic erasers to clean leather, if used gently. Test on a less conspicuous spot before using on the whole thing. Let dry before you decide to use it on the whole case. I have not tried this on an Apple iPhone case, so use at your own risk.
After cleaning, always let your case dry thoroughly before you put it back on the iPhone and never saturate leather.
- Answered by Deb G from Lubbock
- Sep 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
This is why I bought a bunch of cases worth 1.99 Canadian dollars each. No problem if they last 5 months, I have more lol. Besides, I get to change my phone's appearance any time I want for cheaper price. Also, leather cases are generally bad idea. If you want a case just for the cool factor, the iphone's design itself is incredibly cooler than any case you would put on it.
- Answered by Tasdiq A from Toronto
- Sep 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I had an issue with mine getting oil stains from my hands and brought it back and it was promptly switched with no questions asked. I was told we have a year of warranty with Apple's Leather cases.
I think mine was the exception not the rule and I just got a "bad" or defective one, since I had the old one for two weeks and it started staining immediately - like on day 2. This replacement is four days old and shows no signs of even wanting to stain.
- Answered by David M from Gatineau
- Oct 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Do you have them in leather?
- Asked by Rachel R from Hawthorne
- Jan 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you have them in leather?)
- Asked about: iPad Smart Case - Polyurethane - Da…
what can I use to remove stains from the case?
- Asked by Kelly F from Fresno
- Apr 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what can I use to remove stains from the case?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Mesh Case (Drop Prote…
No answers yet
Warranty on iphone 6 leather case
- Asked by Bhavin P from Newark
- Nov 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Warranty on iphone 6 leather case)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 Leather Case - (PRODUCT)RE…
No answers yet