Can you use a case with dock???
- Asked by David G from Garland
- Sep 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a case with dock???)
7 Answers from the Community
Apple designs their docks to be just the right size for just the phone. Otherwise those with out cases on their phones, their phone wouldn't sit right in the dock, the hole would be too wide. Plus most 3rd party cases are different shapes and sizes. There are a few if any (none that I know of) actual docks that are made to dock a device with a case on.
- Answered by Mathew W from West Bend
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes... Twelve South makes a dock/stand, HiRise for iPhone that will work with a cased phone.
- Answered by Dylan H from Seattle
- Oct 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. This dock was designed to exactly fit the iPhone 5c without a case. Same goes for the iPhone 5s version. I have owned these types of docks which Apple also made for the iPhone 3G & 3GS and the 4 and 4S.
- Answered by George C from Hilliard
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I know the ElevationDock and Dock+ will work with a case but there like 100 bucks. Was hoping that now apple has a official case of their own, they would make at least make it work with their case. They would sell more of there cases that way.
- Answered by David G from Garland
- Sep 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
If this dock is anything like previous Apple docks than no. You may be able to get away with a screen protector and back shield but you will more than likely not be able to use this with a case on
- Answered by Brett M from Ballston Spa
- Sep 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
No. You cannot even use the case from Apple with the dock.
- Answered by Thomas L from Sioux Falls
- Sep 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
However your limited to a few case choices.
speck products iphone-5-cases/candyshell-flip-for-iphone-5 (this is a portion of the URL, full address's are not allowed)
Look for "CandyShell Flip for iPhone 5s & iPhone 5"
It appears to have a silicone based hinge, allowing the user to pull the bottom portion down and off the phone in order to dock the iPhone.
There may be others out there, I just haven't discovered them yet.
- Answered by Michael R from Holland
- Oct 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Will the case allow docking in ihome iDL46?
- Asked by Fredrick K from Laguna Hills
- Dec 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the case allow docking in ihome iDL46?)
- Asked about: Incase Pop Case for iPod touch (5th…
No answers yet
Does the case allow for docking?
- Asked by Karen T from Virginia Beach
- May 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the case allow for docking?)
- Asked about: iPhone 5s Case - (PRODUCT)RED
will the dock accomadate i phone with cases on
- Asked by John M from Seattle
- Jan 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will the dock accomadate i phone with cases on)
- Asked about: Apple iPhone 4 Dock