I want to buy two of the new Airport Extremes and connect one to my cable modem and the other to extend my network. Will this work & how do I do it?
I want to use one as the main router and the other as an extender. If this is possible please tell me how to do this.
1 Answer from the Community
I have tried extended and roaming networks - a roaming network works best. You will need an ethernet cable running from your primary AirPort Extreme or router to the location of your extended AirPort Extreme to create a roaming network. I taught myself from Apple's support web page. Search for: 'Wi-Fi base stations: Extending the range of your wireless network by adding additional Wi-Fi base stations' in Apple's support page (won't permit me to add hyperlink here, sorry).
- Answered by Andrew B from Noosaville
- Jul 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Extending a wifi-network with TC
- Asked by Marla R from Essex
- Nov 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Extending a wifi-network with TC)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB