Can this be used with fibre optic broadband?
- Asked by Malcolm C
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with fibre optic broadband?)
3 Answers from the Community
You could use it with the fiber optic broadband, if you have a modem. Most likely you have one.
- Answered by Charles W from San Diego
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use the older Airport Extreme in place of the HomeHub3 in conjunction with BT Infinity 2. The vDSL (fiber to the cabinet, vDSL to the home from the cabinet) mobem connected to the WAN port on the Airport Extreme. When configuring the Airport Extreme the generic BT user name and password are entered and the Airport Extreme logs into the ISP jsut fine.
- Answered by John A from Worksop
- Jun 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If you have a Router (from BT Infinity or Virgin media) and a free LAN port, the Airport Extreme could be configured as a Wireless Access Point.
This will in-turn give you options (extra setups) such as Extending your wireless network or as a stand-alone AP in an area where you unable receive any signal.
- Answered by Suresh P
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
will the airport express work with fibre broadband in the UK?
- Asked by Howard S
- Feb 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will the airport express work with fibre broadband in the UK?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
What is the minimum broadband speed for using Apple TV
- Asked by John M
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the minimum broadband speed for using Apple TV)
- Asked about: Apple TV