Can the Airport Extreme signal travel through household appliances?
- Asked by Roseann F from Austin
- Jan 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Extreme signal travel through household appliances?)
2 Answers from the Community
Not sure what you mean by "travel(ing) through household appliances. I have the AP Extreme in our study on the first floor and am able to receive a full signal in our master room on the second floor on the other side of the house. This unit is more powerful than the previous generations and I would recommend getting it - my download speed increased 5-fold with this unit.
- Answered by Daniel T from Redlands
- Jan 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
In simple terms, no. Wireless signals cannot travel through solid appliances such as fridges, microwaves, ovens etc as the signal is reflected off them. The WiFi signal will however "Bounce" around the appliances. For best use, position the AirPort Extreme with a clear and unobstructed area.
- Answered by Peter R from Gold Coast
- Feb 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is there a Heart Rate monitor for iPad?
- Asked by Duane B from Waipahu
- Jun 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Heart Rate monitor for iPad?)
- Asked about: Polar Wearlink®+ Heart Rate Transmi…
No answers yet
What is the maximum reach to receive signal from airport extreme router
- Asked by Antonio H from Floral Park
- Jan 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the maximum reach to receive signal from airport extreme router)
- Asked about: Apple TV