Is there a lightning to 3.5mm cable for connecting a nano to AUX plug in a car
- Asked by Frank P
- Feb 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a lightning to 3.5mm cable for connecting a nano to AUX plug in a car)
4 Answers from the Community
What I see other people saying on here is correct my experience, but it is a frustrating solution.
I currently use the 3.5mm audio out on the iPod to connect to a 3.5mm in on my car's aux port. Which I thought would be fine, but for some reason it put's the iPod's battery in the red after <2 hours. I connect headphones and the iPod runs probably 10-20 hours. A day's worth of commuting for me is 2 hours, I don't want to have to recharge it each day.
So, now I'm forced to buy the 3.5mm audio/lightning combined adapter to 30-pin, then use the 30-pin to 3.5mm audio in on my car's aux port. I have yet to do this, but I'm concerned it's going to drain my battery just as quickly as the previous solution, and therefore not be any better at all, and just a waste of money.
- Answered by Joshua K from Union City
- Mar 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have been looking for the same thing - I want to plug a Nano (with a lightning plug) into my FJ Cruiser's Aux jack. The only solution I've found so far is to get a lightning to 30-pin adapter AND a 30-pin to 3.5mm audio cable. Seems like that should work?
- Answered by Eric O from Safety Harbor
- Jun 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have an iPod 7 generation and I use the headphone jack on it to the aux jack in my truck and it works just fine. No problems.
- Answered by Christopher R from Cambridge
- Jun 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Hi Frank P,
Unless you have found a 30 pin iPod connector cable that split into an AUX pair, you'll find the only option you have left is running a 3.5mm jack to AUX from the headphone point on your hardware. This can be found in most hi-fi & electrical stores -assuming you are in the UK, check Maplins-.
That being said, if you have the former, you'll find in the store a 'Lightning' to 30 pin adapter.
Best of luck.
- Answered by Niall H
- Feb 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I have a 2.0 usb port (female) on my car stereo. Will this cable work w/ my iPhone 3.5mm headphone output if I plug it into my car stereo usb port?
- Asked by Andrew J from Sag Harbor
- Apr 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2.0 usb port (female) on my car stereo. Will this cable work w/ my iPhone 3.5mm headphone output if I plug it into my car stereo usb port?)
- Asked about: Apple iPod shuffle USB Cable
Is there an ipod dock connector from my ipod car adapter to a 3.5mm input? I would like to listen to my cell phone which has a 3.5mm aux.
- Asked by Richard O from Saint Paul
- Mar 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an ipod dock connector from my ipod car adapter to a 3.5mm input? I would like to listen to my cell phone which has a 3.5mm aux.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
can i listen to my ipod shuffle w/ 3.5mm aux audio cable to a soundbar
- Asked by Andrea L from Spring Valley
- Feb 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i listen to my ipod shuffle w/ 3.5mm aux audio cable to a soundbar)
- Asked about: Belkin 3.5mm Coiled Stereo Cable (3…