will i face some issue using it with my MacBook pro 2011(early) airport antenna...?
- Asked by Johnny L from Rio De Janeiro
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will i face some issue using it with my MacBook pro 2011(early) airport antenna...?)
1 Answer from the Community
The new Time Capsule uses Wireless AC, while your MacBook Pro has Wireless N. The Time Capsule will be fully compatible with older wireless standards (even really old ones), however you will not see any significant improvement to your wireless connection/performance compared to a Wireless N Time Capsule unless you are also using a device that has Wireless AC.
In other words, with your computer this new Time Capsule will give you no significant benefit over the old one in terms of wireless performance/reliability. You will likely find that the last-gen Time Capsules will be going for a discounted price while they are being cleared out of various resellers, so if you're in the market for one you may want to consider picking an older one up. Of course, in the next few years you may end up with a wireless device that *is* wireless AC, in which case you might benefit at that point from having the Wireless AC router, so it's up to you whether you want to "future proof" and go for the new model or save a few bucks on the old model.
- Answered by Andrew R from Victoria
- Jun 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can you power on a MacBook Pro (early 2011) using the wireless keyboard?
- Asked by Craig P from Chesterfield
- Jun 14, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you power on a MacBook Pro (early 2011) using the wireless keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
Will this work with an early 2011 macbook pro?
- Asked by Tanith H from Melbourne
- Nov 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an early 2011 macbook pro?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design P'9223 USB…
Would this work on my Macbook Pro Early 2011 model?
- Asked by Deniz K
- Oct 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work on my Macbook Pro Early 2011 model?)
- Asked about: Moshi Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adap…