Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,
Hi, I have seen others ask questions on DDNS - I am not so worried about DDNS specifically (although this would seem the most sensible way to support this capability).
Is there ANY way from the device itself? (not a Mac, PC or something else sat behind it) to allow remote connection from the internet back into the device. For instance to remote access the time capsule, access a device such as an IP Camera etc. I do not have a static IP address fomr my ISP so I need some way to broadcast this via a dynamic DNS service or other method that you can provide, but it needs to be form the router as I do not have a Mac or PC or other device permanently left 'on' behind the Airport.
- Asked by Neil G from Winter Park
- Jun 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Airport/Time Capsule Support Remote Access from the Internet. DDNS, Dynamic DNS, Wide area Bonjour,)
1 Answer from the Community
The Airport and Time Capsule do not support DDNS update. But the port forwarding is still there. If you connect your NAS or IPCAM to the Airport/ Time capsule, you can use enable DDNS update on your NAS or IPCAM. I tried this on my network and this way work well.
- Answered by Desmond W
- May 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does it support dynamic dns (ddns)
- Asked by Robert R from Kingston
- Oct 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (does it support dynamic dns (ddns))
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
can I access remotely via internet?
- Asked by Pedro B from San Antonio
- Nov 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I access remotely via internet?)
- Asked about: August Smart Lock
Hi there, does the AirPort extreme support, port forwarding & dynamic dns?
- Asked by Richard B
- Aug 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi there, does the AirPort extreme support, port forwarding & dynamic dns?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme