does it also work as a storage, ... or it only use for back-up.?
i am now using 15 retina macbook pro and i face with storage capacity. can Time capsule or airport Time capsule extend my storage ? or it only work on back up only.
- Asked by Natthawat T from Petaling Jaya Selangor Malaysia
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does it also work as a storage, ... or it only use for back-up.?)
2 Answers from the Community
I use the Time Capsule to backup two Macs via Time Machine. I also have several folders that I use for backing up my Parallels data directory. It works just fine in both capacities as a NAS and as a Time Capsule. I don't know why the previous person answering was having difficulty in using it the same way.
- Answered by Shawn F from Riverside
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you can mount it as a drive in Finder, and just use it as network attached storage.
However, TimeMachine won't back itself up so your data is at risk if the Time Capsule fails or is stolen etc. Also bear in mind it will be slow storage so not suitable for video editing.
- Answered by Alan H
- Jun 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How can you delete apps for more storage and then re download them without a problem
- Asked by Joseph C from Ripley
- Aug 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How can you delete apps for more storage and then re download them without a problem)
- Asked about: iPhone
Flash storage is faster, but what about storage capacity?
- Asked by Betty M from Charleston
- Feb 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Flash storage is faster, but what about storage capacity?)
- Asked about: Mac