Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?
I'm looking at upgrading my fiancee's macbook to a macbook air, but we would loose our last CD/DVD drive. I'd love to be able to just plug an Apple SuperDrive into the time capsule and share it to both my Macbook Pro Retina and her new Air. Is that possible? Otherwise I'll probably just get her a Macbook Pro non-Retina so we still have a CD/DVD player.
- Asked by Benjamin M from Arlington
- Jun 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I share an Apple SuperDrive using the new Airport Time Capsule?)
1 Answer from the Community
The Superdrive itself would be the first limiting factor. Since the external Superdrive does not support connection through a NAS device, then it follows that it would not be recognized by the Airport. However, I don't know if an aftermarket CD/DVD device would be supported by the Airport. Apple does indicate that the USB connection only supports a) External Hard drives, b) USB Printers, and c) a hub. This would leave out other USB devices, such as a CD/DVD drive.
- Answered by Shawn F from Riverside
- Jul 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the USB superdrive be plugged in Airport extreme or Airport time capsule?
- Asked by Povilas T from San Antonio
- Jun 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the USB superdrive be plugged in Airport extreme or Airport time capsule?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can the new AirPort express share / extend a WiFi connection ?
- Asked by Simon B from Burton On Trent
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new AirPort express share / extend a WiFi connection ?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express