Will an Airport Time Capsule purchased in the US work Europe? Is there an issue with approved channels or does the Time Capsule automatically change?
2 Answers from the Community
The Time Capsule should work fine in Europe. The radio frequency has not changed from previous generation WiFi transceivers. The new 802.11ac uses "beamforming" to try to vector the wireless signal directionally toward the clients (laptops, iPads, iPhones, etc.)
Apple products have power supplies that work everywhere. You will need the appropriate plug to fit your European type electrical outlet.
- Answered by Mark H from Santa Cruz
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Not sure if you are asking about the 2.4ghz channel 13 for example? This channel is approved in some countries but not in the United States. What happens is when you select your location with AirPort utility the Airport will allow you to use channel 13 for example in South America, et all.
So its the same hardware but the channels allowed per location are set by software settings.
- Answered by Mike G from San Francisco
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does Airport Extreme work with Time Capsule?
- Asked by Margaret S from Tiverton
- Aug 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme work with Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme