Why there is no mention of backup for Windows in the new version/model?
- Asked by Sonal C
- Jun 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Why there is no mention of backup for Windows in the new version/model?)
1 Answer from the Community
The time capsule does not officially support windows backup, although that is not always clear in the descriptions. The time capsule is formatted in such a way that both windows and Mac can access the hard drive over a network. When I was on windows vista it backed up perfectly, however windows 7 removed the ability to network backup. I have not since been able to find a program that will allow me to back up.
I now only back up the macs in the house and update any new photos/ videos on the time capsule. I use Dropbox for our documents, and so I have avoided needing to back up windows, which is generally quite a clunky experience anyway.
Hope this helps! Any questions feel free to ask
- Answered by Thomas A
- Sep 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How big is the harddrive on the new apple tv? This is the only spec NOT mentioned here..
- Asked by Paul L from Fairbanks
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How big is the harddrive on the new apple tv? This is the only spec NOT mentioned here..)
- Asked about: Apple TV
what should I buy to backup for macbook
- Asked by Shelley F from Bay Harbor
- Feb 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (what should I buy to backup for macbook)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet