Do you have to have the airport pluged in to a power supply or does it work off usb?
2 Answers from the Community
You must use the power cord that came with the Airport and plug it into an appropriate electrical outlet, It does not work off USB. The USB port is only for use with an external hard drive or printer.
- Answered by Charles M from Waxhaw
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It needs to be plugged directly in a 220 V power supply.
- Answered by Johan R from Shelley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Power Supply voltage question
- Asked by David C from San Francisco
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Power Supply voltage question)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
I am looking at using the LaCie 3TB USB 3.0 Porsche Desktop harddrive to do network sharing through my Airport Express. Will this work?
- Asked by Ryan S from Edmonton
- Apr 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am looking at using the LaCie 3TB USB 3.0 Porsche Desktop harddrive to do network sharing through my Airport Express. Will this work?)
- Asked about: LaCie 5TB USB 3.0 Porsche Design P'…