Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router
What is the best method? Just using the fios router as the main and then turning off wifi, then plug in the Apple Time Capsule (ATC) into an ethernet port? What do I gain/loos, as the Fios router currently is extremely fast...What's the "best of both worlds" set-up configuration
- Asked by Steven L from Voorhees
- Aug 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router)
1 Answer from the Community
You are right. Just disable FIOS WIFI and connect via ethernet. This is truly 'the best of both worlds', as your FIOS fiber is very fast, but will not be wireless AC, and the Airport has AC standard, which is surely faster than the modem's built-in WIFI.
- Answered by Joey P from West Lafayette
- Nov 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Can I replace my Verizon FiOS router with it?
- Asked by Eric W from New York
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I replace my Verizon FiOS router with it?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet