Can this replace a UVERSE WIFI router box? We have UVERSE wifi at home and can this unit REPLACE that unit AND provide the WIFI signal ?
- Asked by Steve E from San Antonio
- Jun 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this replace a UVERSE WIFI router box? We have UVERSE wifi at home and can this unit REPLACE that unit AND provide the WIFI signal ?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, it's compatible. You need to disable the SSID in your U-verse router. You can contact them to find out how to do this, and it's really simple. I have a successful connection both wired and wireless with the Airport TC. Once SSID in U-verse router is disabled, you will plug your ethernet on one end from U-verse router and the other end into the bottom port on your TC. Then plug the power cord from TC to outlet. Follow directions from there. All wireless devices will need reconnection to the new network. All wired devices will plug directly into TC from now on and not U-verse. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Jennifer S from Chapel Hill
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Your Uverse router does much more than provide a WIFI signal, so no, Airport Time Capsule cannot replace all that functionality. Connect it to your router and then connect your devices to the airport rather than Uverse router.
- Answered by Joni L from Mckinney
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
you can replace the wi-fi functionality of the u-verse box with this, but you will still need the u-verse router to connect to the phone line. i have an external wi-fi router in my home network, and to make it work properly i had to disable the wi-fi in the u-verse box.
- Answered by Robb Z from Royal Oak
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3