Can I use a 32 GB (4x8) memory in this model?
iMac 27-inch, Mid 2011
Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB
- Asked by Adolfo C from Haltom City
- Mar 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a 32 GB (4x8) memory in this model?)
2 Answers from the Community
you can look up what it can run at everymac.com
- Answered by Michael T from New Castle
- Feb 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
When I took my Apple 27-inch iMac mid-2011 into my local Apple retail store recently the Genius who was helping me said that “theoretically the four slots in my iMac could support 32 Gb, even though the technical specs say 16 Gb”. I am not sure if this is because the 8Gb RAM modules are the same physical size as the 4 Gb RAM modules, or not. Because if my iMac was designed to only access 16 Gb of RAM, I am not certain if it can actually use the 32 Gb even if it is present. I could not get further clarification on this question, and am waiting to order memory until I do.
Good question. Please post the answer if you find it out for certain.
- Answered by Anna P from Lake Oswego
- Nov 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
should I get an IPAD Mini with retina display 32 gigabyte, versus an IPAD Air?
- Asked by Donnie H from Philadelphia
- Nov 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (should I get an IPAD Mini with retina display 32 gigabyte, versus an IPAD Air?)
- Asked about: iPad
How many gigabytes make a terabyte?
- Asked by Susan C. B from Scotts Valley
- Dec 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How many gigabytes make a terabyte?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Is there any way that I can add memory to my iPhone 5s without buying a case
- Asked by Joseph P from Raleigh
- Jul 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any way that I can add memory to my iPhone 5s without buying a case)
- Asked about: iPhone