UAD to Thunderbolt
If you upgrade to a new computer one that doesn't have a express card for your laptop then you have to use the thunderbolt option. What I want to know is what adaptor do you use to connect the UAD card to the thunderbolt cable.
- Asked by Alan W from Decatur
- Jan 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (UAD to Thunderbolt)
1 Answer from the Community
Thank you Apple Store for posting this. I wasn't sure the most relevant place to place the question.
As far as I understand Universal Audio has a place on their solo laptop page indicating that people have mentioned no problems with using an "Echo Express card/34 to Thunderbolt" adapter but this is not supported by Universal Audio. This is how I read this. I am not stating that is what they intend.
However this Sonnet adapter also comes in a pro adapter. Depending on the processing required by the card and if the thunderbolts higher performance is delivered by the pro adapter; it may be a better idea or a requirement to use the pro adapter. If anyone uses Universal Audio plugins and has been using them on a Macbook Pro's PCIe Express Slot with a "UAD-2 Solo Laptop" card and now uses it in the Thunderbolt port; any information would be helpful.
- Answered by Alan W from Decatur
- Jan 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this work with the new thunderbolt displays?
- Asked by Jonathan L from Sacramento
- Aug 13, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new thunderbolt displays?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount Combo
Will this work with Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Tuomo A
- Jan 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Wall Mount