How can I connect my MacBook Air (via thunderbolt) to my 500GB drive (has Firewire 800 and Firewire 400)?
1 Answer from the Community
Apple announced there would be a Thundebolt to Firewire adaptor coming soon. Until that arrives, you may wish to consider other options as follows.
If you have access to the underlying 2.5" SATA I/II drive inside your current storage device, you may also be able to use the Seagate Thunderbolt adaptor for their GoFlex Pro series of external drives, was their adaptor can handle the 2.5" HDD directly
- Answered by Thomas R from Cupertino
- Jun 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?
- Asked by Stacey K from West Bloomfield
- Aug 3, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Firewire port for Macbook air
- Asked by Sue D from Glenwood Springs
- Dec 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Firewire port for Macbook air)
- Asked about: Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter
Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?
- Asked by Christian A from Palmyra
- Jan 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)