Will the Apple Thunderbolt cable work between a Thunderbolt enabled 2011 iMac and a Pre-Thunderbolt (Mini DisplayPort enabled) MacBook Pro?
Simple scenario: I have a 2011 iMac with Thunderbolt inputs and a 2009 MacBook Pro without Thunderbolt inputs (Only Mini DisplayPort input). Will I be able to connect the Apple Thunderbolt cable to both of these and use the MacBook Pro as a second display, adjacent to my iMac?
1 Answer from the Community
No it does not work
- Answered by Shawn O from Boise
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
which mac models are thunderbolt enabled?
- Asked by Laura S from Los Altos
- Apr 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (which mac models are thunderbolt enabled?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
Will this adaptor enable me to connect my 13" retina Macbook pro to my VGA projector? ie, will the cable work with the thunderbolt port?
- Asked by Shravan K
- Sep 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adaptor enable me to connect my 13" retina Macbook pro to my VGA projector? ie, will the cable work with the thunderbolt port?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter